With so many things to consider when moving, one of things you will be concerned with is how you are going to move all of your stuff. Since you don’t feel like you have the time or energy to devote to moving things yourself, you are wondering if you should hire apartment movers.
What Can Apartment Movers Do for You?
Apartment movers can be hired to do a variety of things. Any professional moving company will load and unload the truck with your belongings. However, some companies will even pack your things for you. Packing services will typically pack your clothes, dishes, toiletries, files, food and anything else you need them to pack. Of course, if you don’t want someone rifling through your personal things, this may not be ideal for you. But you can always hire a company to simply load and unload your furniture and boxes.
How Much Do Apartment Movers Cost?
Naturally, prices vary by company. However, the average cost of hiring apartment movers will be anywhere from $65 per hour and up. If you are moving across the country, you could choose to pay a flat fee in lieu of an hourly rate. If you are thinking of renting a truck and moving yourself, consider that you will be spending a minimum of $50 per day, depending on the size of the truck.
Important Questions to Ask
Before you decide on hiring any moving company, you need to ask a few basic questions:
- How much are you going to charge me for this?
- What is your liability coverage?
- What happens to my stuff if one of your workers drops a box or destroys my furniture?
- What happens to my stuff if the truck is in an accident?
- Who determines the value of my stuff?
It would certainly be a bad situation to find all of your things sprawled out along the highway and not have any idea who would be responsible for the damage. It is better to have these types of questions answered upfront so that you can make an informed decision when choosing the company you want to work with.
Evaluating Your Situation
Before you can make the decision to hire a professional moving service, you need to evaluate your personal situation. Ask yourself some of these questions when deciding:
- Do you have a truck that you can use for moving purposes?
- Do you have family or friends who could assist in the heavy lifting?
- Are you on a tight budget or do you have free reign?
- Are you moving next door or across the country?
- What is your time and effort worth to you?
- Do you only have a short window of time to move? Or do you have a couple of months to get it all done?
These are certainly some questions that can help you to determine if hiring apartment movers is the best choice for you.
Be Comfortable with Your Decision
If you decide to hire a professional moving service, be confident and comfortable with your decision. You are entitled to choose a company that will treat you personal belongings like their prized possessions. In order to make moving day a little more efficient, be proactive about having everything ready to load. This way you can get things done in an easy manner.