A home without distilled vinegar is not a home. Okay, that might be a little extreme but for its many uses a home needs-or at least should have a bottle of vinegar on hand at all times. Here are 10 good reasons why.
– Zap carpet stains with vinegar and dish washing liquid. Mix 1 tablespoon each of the distilled vinegar and liquid detergent with a cup of warm water. Dip a small brush or toothbrush in mixture and gently rub the stain. Repeat until stain is gone. Soak up excess water by blotting with a dry towel. You may also use a hair dryer to ensure wet spot is dried completely.
– Clean windows and bathroom mirrors with vinegar and water. Add 1 cup of distilled vinegar to a gallon of water. With a clean cloth wash windows and mirrors as normal. This solution cuts grease and soap scum.
– Kill odors in the garbage disposal. Pour 1 cup of distilled vinegar down the drain and let sit for a few minutes. Follow by running tap water for 1 to 2 minutes.
– Remove tough stains in the microwave with a bowl filled with one cup each of distilled vinegar and plain water. Microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes, until boiling, and wipe stains away.
– Remove odors in the refrigerator with a cup of vinegar. The cup can be left in the refrigerator and replace once a month to keep odors away.
– Get rid of ants with water and distilled vinegar. Keep on hand a water bottle filled with water and 2 cups of vinegar. Wash down counter tops and spray kitchen sink each night to deter these invaders. Break their chains of ants with a few sprays from the water bottle. Repeat as needed.
Fruits & Veggies
– Make a fruit and veggie wash to remove wax and bacteria with distilled vinegar and water. Add Fruits and veggies to one half cup of vinegar to 2 cups of water.
– Wake up sleepy lettuce by soaking them in cold water and a tablespoon of distilled vinegar.
Health and Hygiene
– Add 1 cup of distilled vinegar to your bath water to soften hard water.
– Cure toenail foot fungus with a vinegar foot soak. Filleted basin with warm water and one cup of distilled vinegar soak feet for 30 minutes. Repeat for several days until fungus issue is resolved.
– Treat a urinary tract infection by flushing your system with water and vinegar. Add a tablespoon of distilled vinegar to 12 ounces of water and drink every hour.
– Boost your energy with a cup of vinegar tea. Bring 1 cup of spring water to a boil, pour in a cup, add one teaspoon of distilled vinegar and a tablespoon of honey. Vinegar tea can also be used to treat an upset stomach and as a gargle to relieve a sore throat.